What is Quotempole?
Quotempole is an application for gathering, organizing, sharing and commenting on quotes. Any quotes uploaded to the site are considered to be in the public domain under United States "fair use" copyright law, and are not considered the personal data of any individual person.
Information We Collect
We collect the following types of information from those who interact with our site:
• Information you provide to us when you send us requests, suggestions, corrections, or questions via email. We receive and store those communications and the email addresses you used to send those emails to us, as well as our responses to you.
• When Users visit our site, register on the site, subscribe to the newsletter, respond to a survey, fill out a form, and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available on our Site.
• Users may be asked for personally identifiable information such as name and email address. Users can always refuse to supply personal information, which may prevent them from engaging in certain Site related activities.
• We collect general device location and usage when you access the site. We use this location data to determine which version of the Site to show you, and to help identify and log potential malicious use of our Site.
Why We Collect Information
Quotempole may collect and use Users personal information for the following purposes:
- To improve customer service. Information you provide helps us respond to your customer service requests and support needs more efficiently.
- To personalize user experience. We may use information in the aggregate to understand how our Users as a group use the services and resources provided on our Site.
- To improve our Site. We may use feedback you provide to improve our products and services.
- To run a promotion, contest, survey or other Site feature. To send Users information they agreed to receive about topics we think will be of interest to them.
- To send periodic emails. We may use the email address to respond to inquiries, questions, and/or other requests. If User decides to opt-in to our mailing list, they will receive emails that may include company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. If at any time the User would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email.
Web Browser Cookies
How We Protect Your Information
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our Site.
Sharing Your Personal Information
We do not sell, trade, or share User's personal identification information to 3rd party applications or websites. We may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personal identification information regarding visitors and users with our business partners, trusted affiliates and advertisers for the purposes outlined above. We may use third party service providers to help us operate our business and the Site or administer activities on our behalf, such as sending out newsletters or surveys. We may share your information with these third parties for those limited purposes provided that you have given us your permission.
Request Deletion of Personal Data
Users may request via our contact
form that their account be cancelled and their personally identifiable information be deleted.
• Any personally identifiable information such as email address, name, and public comments will be deleted and no longer visible on the Site. This data deletion is permanent and cannot be recovered if you choose to again participate on the site.
• Any quotes that you have uploaded to the site are considered to be in the public domain and will not be removed. Upon deletion of your account and personal information, quotes you have previously uploaded to the site will remain available to the Quotempole community, but no longer associated with your deleted account.
Third Party Websites
Users may find advertising or other content on our Site that link to the sites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors and other third parties. We do not control the content or links that appear on these sites and are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our Site. In addition, these sites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These sites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which have a link to our Site, is subject to that website’s own terms and policies.
California Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
Because we value your privacy we have taken the necessary precautions to be in compliance with the California Online Privacy Protection Act. We therefore will not distribute your personal information to outside parties without your consent.
Compliance With Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act
Protecting the privacy of the very young is especially important. For that reason, we never collect or maintain information at our Site from those we actually know are under 13, and no part of our website is structured to attract anyone under 13.
Your Acceptance of These Terms
This document was last modified on September 15, 2021.